Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Did you get your daily dose of news?

When is comes to staying on top of the news, I prefer to mix it up. I don't think any one news carrier is really the best or carriers all the information one should know and understand. On a day-to-day basis, I tune into the Today Show, visit nytimes.com, read my WWD, and scan the headlines on msnbc.com.

The Today Shows not only gives me the news but also real life interviews. I can keep up with new health and consumer studies and even learn how to cook something new for dinner. The Today Shows gives a little bit of everything all in one. I receive my national news, local news, get to listen to music, hear movie reviews, and even stay current on my celebrity gossip.
Although you can find all of this information using an online news carrier, the TV programs doesn't require me to sit in front of my computer to learn something new. I can get ready to begin the day, eat breakfast, and even finish some homework while having the Today Show on my television.
In addition, just like nytimes.com, I can search for archived episodes and articles using the Today Show's website.

If I need to search for topics in the news that are not so mainstream, I will use nytimes.com. I am a registered user and even receive their weekly magazine UrbanEye to my email. This weekly newsletter is catered to my interests and includes articles pertaining to up and coming fashion, music, art.

I think that in order to become an educated person, you need to expose yourself to many different types of news carriers. No single vice can satisfy every interest in every person.

-Katie

No comments: