Sunday, September 23, 2007

Ad Agencies

Our class had the pleasure of having Shelly Kelly from Kelly MarCom. She is the CEO of Kelly MarCom Ad Agency that she started her self at the age of 24. Her business continues to grow and she loves what she does. I enjoyed her and the information that she shared with us. For her first time giving a somewhat lecture, I think she did a awesome job. It such a inspiration to see some take something they love to do and make in to something profitable. That way you always like your job.The way she talks, you can tell how passionate she is about her work. Not only passionate about her work but also her clients.

I took away so interesting information. I learned that a it takes a lot of work to create an ad for a client. It truly takes a team to working together. I honestly had no idea the work that goes into a ad. All I see is the finish product. It must feel great to know that you help a client reach their goal. The job opportunities that are available in a ad agency are almost endless. There were so many positions that were interesting to me, I begin to think that I might be in the wrong major. I don't know about anyone else but this has gotten me to thinking about other avenues I might want to research and explorer more. I never thought about working in a ad agency, but I am now!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Hello! My name is Lindsay Beck and I work with Shelley at Kelly MarCom. I had a question for you about your blog--would you be able to email me? My work email is lindsayb@kellymarcom.com. Thank you so much, and have a great Thanksgiving!

~Lindsay Beck